PARC is a prison abolitionist group committed to exposing and challenging all forms of institutionalized racism, sexism, able-ism, heterosexism, and classism, specifically within the Prison Industrial Complex (PIC). PARC believes in building strategies and tactics that build safety in our communities without reliance on the police or the PIC. We produce a directory that is free to prisoners upon request, and seek to work in solidarity with prisoners, ex-prisoners, their friends and families. We also work with teachers and activists on many prison issues. This work includes building action networks and materials that expose the continuing neglect and outright torture of more than 2 million people imprisoned within the USA; as well as the 5+ million who are under some form of surveillance and control by the so-called justice system.
- To expose the prison system in the U.S. as an engine of race war and genocide that all people of conscience must work to dismantle;
- To expose that prisons kill, through the exposure of prisoners to toxics, environmental hazards, and medical neglect;
- To support a moratorium on prison construction and a fight against the War on Drugs, the War on Immigrants, the War on Crime, and the use of prison slave labor;
- To expose the institutionalization of torture as it is practiced by the U.S. at home and abroad; *To build awareness of prison issues outside the U.S. and international solidarity with political prisoners and peoples resisting U.S. aggression;
- To inspire and motivate people to take positive action against the mass-incarceration system and for prisoners' human and civil rights;
- To provide practical support to activists who are taking such action.
PO Box 70447
Oakland CA 94612
Use our Website Contact Form
Volunteer for PARC
If you are interested in volunteering for PARC, please check out our volunteer information page.
How We Are Structured
The Prison Activist Resource Center is a collective of committed volunteers, responsible to each other and the prisoners and communities we serve. A core group of local volunteers maintains office hours, with many people working remotely. Point people are responsible for particular projects.
PARC would like to thank RESIST Foundation and the People's Life Fund for their financial support.